It is a true honour to be nominated today for this award by Philippa, an Australian master of Seascape painting and a real blogging friend. http://seascapesaus.wordpress.com
I admire her work, her acute perceptions about art and her positive approach to life. Thank you so much Philippa…
The Award guidelines are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
2. List 7 random things about yourself
3. Nominate fifteen other blogs
4. Notify the fifteen nominees
5. Put the award logo on your blog.
Seven Random things about me:
- The greatest miracles of my life are my two sons, Sam and Jesse.
- I was raised in a small seaside town in England where people rolled in the ocean mud to cure their aches and pains.
- I failed art in school but was awarded prizes for creative writing and poetry.
- My first job in Canada was with BOAC at Toronto airport. One of my duties was to greet VIPs – I met Ella Fitzgerald, Henry Moore, Twiggy and Cary Grant amongst others.
- Two of my worst jobs on the west coast were picking worms on golf courses at night and working in a fish packing plant (cats followed me home).
- Two of my best jobs were working for the British Columbia Forest Service as a fire-tower lookout man in the northern mountains for six summers and teaching visual art to teens in Vancouver for 23 years.
- Today, sitting by the ocean under a thundery sky I suddenly saw and felt the trees, children, rocks and everything around me vibrating in crystal clarity – an expression of the planet itself breathing out its dream of living beauty.
My nominations for this award:
1. Rita from Tasmania, amazing quilts and fabric art: http://gonerustic.wordpress.com
2. Robert, an Australian artist and teacher – brilliant artwork: http://burgessart.wordpress.com
3. Giovanni from Kelowna BC. Canada – sensitive writings and photos of everyday life in his home town: http://findingkelowna.com
4. Wai-Yuk from Cornwall, England – beautiful textile art: http://waiyukkennedy.wordpress.com
5. Stella’s elegant and gorgeous art and photographs: http://pangaweka.wordpress.com
6. Carl offers personal honesty on his life’s issues: http://stillfugue.wordpress.com
7. Terry gives us superb digital photos of urban surfaces along with a musical and graceful expression of life and its challenges: http://mobiusfaith.wordpress.com
8. Chrissy explores her personal hopes and dreams through the realms of spirit, literature and philosophy: http://beautyanddreams.wordpress.com
9. Sharyn is a dedicated cook, writer, painter and singer and weaves this all together with her brilliant posts: http://thekalechronicles.wordpress.com
10. Isabella is a truly amazing and inspiring 11 year old visual artist, fashion designer, poet and writer – what were you doing at her age? http://isabellart.wordpress.com
11. Nancy creates gorgeous art on ATC size surfaces and in addition she writes beautifully about her life: http://beesatc.wordpress.com
12. Painter Lady explores the spiritual life through art, nature, music and memory – a very favorite blog: http://shepaintsred.wordpress.com
13. Gregory offers his art and philosophy of art and life with sensitivity and compassion: http://moleculesofemotion.wordpress.com
14. Mari is a poet who transports one into other realms of reality and feeling: http://marisancayuso.wordpress.com
15. Gary is a brilliant digital artist with a special interest in the Tarot. He offers daily, thought provoking quotes and explores them in depth. http://grosenberg.wordpress.com/
16. The empty chair at the table for the unexpected guest…
I am away from my computer now for about 5 days – If you accept your nomination simply follow the guidelines and play this forward. I honour you all for your contributions to our lives…